A rotator cuff is a group of tendons that connect the four muscles of the upper arm to the bone. The rotator cuff strength allows the muscles to lift and rotate the humerus. Tendons run under the acromion (part of the shoulder blade), where they are very susceptible to damage. This can cause a tear, resulting in weak and painful shoulders. A sudden tear can start from a traumatic event or develop gradually. If the tendon or rotator cuff muscle is torn, the patient can no longer lift or rotate his arm with the same range of motion as before the injury, and there is significant pain associated with shoulder movement. Pain also often occurs at night, which often radiates to the arm.
The rotator cuff can be damaged due to ageing or injury caused by accidents, falls etc. Some young athletes (cricket, tennis, volleyball, etc.) can get damaged by overuse. Tear in the rotator cuff causes intense pain, especially with shoulder movements and lack of strength to lift the arms. If ignored, the patient can suffer from shoulder arthritis for years. If this condition is recognized in good time in many patients, it can get treated non surgically.
This blog provided by Dr Chandra Skehar B gives information about the best Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment in Hyderabad. Treatment recommendations range from rehabilitation to surgical repair of torn tendons. The best treatment method is different for each patient.
What is a Rotator Cuff Injury?
The rotator cuff consists of four muscles, namely supraspinatus, infraspinatus, teres minor and subscapularis. The function of these muscles is to stabilize and move the shoulder joint. Sports with more significant shoulder rotation, such as tennis, skating in baseball, swimming and kayaking, the risk is higher for rotator cuff muscles and puts them under stress.
Rotator cuff injuries are the most painful injuries a person can suffer. Rotator cuff injuries occur when one or more of these tendons are overstrained or overworked. It causes severe pain in the shoulder area. It creates an inability to make daily movements such as raising arms and rotating arms.
Symptoms of Rotator Cuff Tear:
The following are the most common symptoms reported by most patients. However, the symptoms that can occur can vary from person to person.
- Pain – this can vary enormously
- Muscle weakness
- Grating, cracking or catching noises/sensations
- Limited range of arm movement
- Night pain affecting sleep patterns
If you experience a rotator cuff tear and continue to use it even if it hurts, it can cause additional damage. Rotator cuff tears can increase over time. Meet the doctor for the treatment immediately. After discussing your symptoms and medical history, your doctor will examine your shoulder and discuss the treatment options according to your condition. The following are the Best rotator cuff injury Treatment in Hyderabad:
Often, rotator cuff tendinitis can be treated at home if the injury occurs suddenly. Treatment includes:
- Prescription medications: Anti-inflammatory pain relievers such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen can help relieve shoulder pain.
- Rest: You must stop any physical activity that causes or aggravates shoulder pain.
- Ice: Cold pack can relieve swelling and pain. Apply it for 15 to 20 minutes every few hours.
- Heat: After your pain subsides, you can use a warm-up pillow to reduce the stiffness of your shoulder.
- Stretching: Your doctor may give you daily exercises at home to make your shoulders more flexible. A hot shower can also help.
- Steroids: injections in the shoulder joint can help deal with pain.
- Physical therapy: Your physical therapist can guide you through exercises that help you regain strength and movement on your shoulders.
For young patients under 30 years of age with early tendinitis on rotator cuff tear, who gets immediate treatment with the above protocol, the average rehabilitation time is two to four weeks. Patients with recurrent tendinitis and some risk factors may take months to cure rotator cuff tendonitis, and in rare cases, surgery may be needed.
Surgery for recurrent rotator cuff tendonitis are sometimes operated for:
- Remove the protrusion or spur on the bottom of the acromion.
- Remove the inflamed, thickened and fibrous bursa tissue.
- Check tendons and tidy up sometimes repair a tear in tendons.
Types of Surgical Treatment:
There are many types of rotator cuff injury operations, including:
- Arthroscopic tendon repair: With this procedure, the surgeon inserts a small camera (arthroscope) and a tool through a small incision to attach the torn tendon to the bone.
- Open tendon repair: In some situations, repairing tendons by open surgery can be a better choice. In this type of surgery, your surgeon will make a larger incision to attach the damaged tendon to the bone. Compared to arthroscopic procedures, open tendon repair is usually treated in the same period, but recovery can be uncomfortable.
- Tendon transfer: If the torn tendon is too damaged to attach to the arm bone, the surgeon may choose to use the closest tendon instead.
Shoulder replacement: If the rotator cuff is seriously injured, surgery may be needed to replace the arm. To increase the stability of the artificial joint, an innovative procedure (reverse shoulder arthroplasty) attaches the artificial ball joints to the shoulder blades and the socket on the arm bones.
Best Shoulder Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment in Hyderabad At Dr Chandrasekhar.B
Inflammation of the shoulder joint can cause swelling, pain, and stiffness. It can be caused by age-related wear and tear. To help patients relieve shoulder pain, Dr Chandrasekhar.B is the best arthroscopic Shoulder Treatment surgeon in Hyderabad.
Some common arthroscopic operations performed by Dr Chandrasekhar.B includes repairing the rotator cuff, removing bone spurs, removing or repairing the labrum, repairing ligaments, removing inflamed tissue or loose cartilage, and repairing recurrent shoulder dislocations.
Dr Chandrasekhar.B is committed to providing comprehensive care for patients with shoulder pain. Using state-of-the-art techniques and facilities, Dr Chandrasekhar.B shoulder surgeons are focused on providing personalized treatment plans to provide high-quality, evidence-based care to relieve pain and improve quality of life. This makes Dr Chandrasekhar.B the best Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment in Hyderabad.
The problem with rotator cuffs is the general condition, especially as we get older. Tears on the rotator cuff have finally been expected, even in people who have almost no shoulder pain. The good news is that most people often get better with simple actions like avoiding certain activities and doing physiotherapy.
If the rotator cuff is broken worse, arm strength may not improve then the surgery is performed, the doctor recommends that by seeing the patients conditions. The best Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment depends on the patient.
Once you have more information about how to treat and prevent rotator cuff injuries, you can be sure that you will discuss with a doctor about shoulder health problems. For more information, please visit Dr Chandrasekhar.B or call us at 9959588389.