In the field of Orthopaedics, technology has taken a massive step. Non-invasive arthroscopy has also advanced and assumed the form of micro-invasive needle videoscopy known as versatile nanoscope. Expert surgeons like Dr.Chandra Shekar B are saying that the simple 1.9 mm scope which is just the size of a pencil, is a significant breakthrough, especially for joint surgeries. The greatest advantage is that orthopaedic surgeons can perform a “surgery” without putting the patient to sleep. The tiniest anatomic defects and disruptions troubling the patients can be effectively repaired using this scope.
Nanoscopy in Shoulder Surgeries
For performing nanoscopic shoulder surgeries, a disposable single-use scope is used.
The nanoscope can also allow surgeons to diagnose problems, and some such procedures can be done right in the doctor’s office. While performing a nanoscopy, a zero-degree Nanoscope is connected to a portable monitor. With the help of the nanoscope and the monitor, the surgeon can perform procedures like diagnostic arthroscopy under local anaesthesia.
Nanoscopes work based on the use of direct visualisation technology, and these are fast becoming the golden standard for shoulder surgeries. Most shoulder surgeons are using imaging, diagnostic and guidance systems or arthroscopic technology in a combined form. The portable nanoscope system need not be used only during surgeries. It is also used in the preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative phases of medical care.
The nanoscope is a great invention which will usher non-invasive arthroscopic techniques for diagnosing and treating many orthopaedic conditions in a new direction. There will be much faster and less invasive treatment options for Orthopaedic doctors, pain management doctors and in the sports medicine world, too. So, we can say that the next-generation nanoscope will thus lead the way for the Microinvasive Percutaneous Surgical Revolution. The family doctors can get additional training to use the nanoscope for the direct visualisation and instrumentation of a joint.
While performing a nanoscopic surgery, the patient can see the screen along with the surgeon. If they wish to know, they can see what the doctor is doing while the procedure is being done and even after the completion of the procedure. The patient has a minimally invasive immersive experience and can access the joint spaces. Due to all these advantages, this is a tool of choice for instant diagnostic imaging and less invasive arthroscopy procedures.
Advantages of Nanoscopy in Shoulder Surgeries
The nanoscope is the new, smaller, disposable, and much less invasive arthroscope. The safety is also high and a whole lot cheaper.
- Since the nanoscope is tiny and disposable, it prevents the risk of infection.
- The patient’s skin need not be cut, or there is no need for a skin incision.
- Due to the extremely small size of the nanoscope, it is especially beneficial for treating small joints as well.
- The high-resolution video camera inside a nanoscope makes it a convenient and safe tool to use in an office setting.
- Patient satisfaction is high since, for them, it feels more like a diagnostic test than surgery. The patient is not under general anaesthesia and should not enter the operating room.
- The recovery period is less when compared to traditional methods.
- For RegenerativeOrthopedics, using a Nanoscope will increase the effectiveness of stem cell/PRP treatments. The advantage is that it provides direct visualisation, which helps in the precise placement of the biological agents at the exact site of anatomic disruption.
Due to the innumerable advantages of the NanoScope, in the near future, it will become an indispensable tool to many medical specialists and will have numerous applications. At Hyderabad Shoulder Clinic, Dr Chandra Shekhar B has been at the forefront of adopting the latest technologies for giving the best possible treatment options for his patients. He is a pioneer in adopting new technologies. Hyderabad Shoulder Clinic is also equipped with world-class medical equipment, making it the best clinic for shoulder treatments. For more information, please visit our website https://hyderabadshoulderclinic.com/ or contact us at +91 9959588389 or