Arthroscopic Bankart Repair is the most suitable procedure to treat patients with anterior shoulder instability. A majority of patients suffering from traumatic anterior dislocation will tear the fibrocartilage labrum at the front of the shoulder. Due to this, the patients will suffer from recurrent instability in their shoulders, and the shoulder will keep dislocating. Frequent shoulder dislocation hampers the day-to-day life and ability to play sports as a professional. The tear in the labrum is the main factor in frequent dislocation of the shoulder. For patients with this tear, an Arthroscopic Bankart Repair has shown more promising results than an open repair. After the surgery, the patient will return to full normal sporting and work activities, and the risk of a dislocation recurrence is less than 5% with a well-performed arthroscopic procedure.
The Bankart repair can be performed via both open and arthroscopic means. However, an arthroscopic procedure has a lower complication rate and an easier postoperative recovery with regard to pain and discomfort. The shoulder anatomy is better seen during the surgery. If the tear extends into the posterior part of the shoulder, the surgeon can repair both tears at the same time. Open surgery’s advantage is only that the procedure is simple in comparison to the technically demanding arthroscopic procedure.
Arthroscopic Bankart repair procedure
Arthroscopic surgery is minimally invasive surgery performed using a scope and minimal surgical equipment to treat orthopaedic conditions. The surgery is performed through 4-5 tiny incisions to access the surgical area; thus, there are fewer chances of complications like bleeding, infections, etc.
To perform arthroscopic Bankart repair, bone anchors are drilled into the Glenoid. Biocomposite anchors with a crystalline structure are used, which are eventually replaced by bone. The sutures attached to the bone anchors tie the torn cartilage (labrum) back to where it tore off from the anterior Glenoid. The shoulder joint capsule, which got stretched due to dislocation, is sutured to the anchors, thus further tightening the shoulder.
shoulder Arthroscopic Bankart repair in Hyderabad at the best cost
Arthroscopic surgery cost in Hyderabad is between the range of Rs. 60,000 to Rs. 2,50,000. After a thorough examination, the average cost is determined. The factors affecting the cost factor of the surgery are the joint on which surgery is being performed, the patient’s health condition, etc.
The most commonly done Arthroscopic Joint Surgeries are :
Arthroscopic shoulder joint
- Bankart repair surgery
- Rotator cuff repair surgery
- Shoulder replacement :
- Shoulder tendon or ligament repair
- SLAP repair
- Shoulder dislocation treatment
- Hip arthroscopy
- Hip replacement
- Fusion surgery
- Disc replacement
- ACL tear surgery
- Knee arthroscopy
- Knee replacement surgery
- Meniscus surgery
Many other types of arthroscopic treatments are
- Carpal tunnel release
- Wrist arthroscopy
- Fracture management.
What are the factors that affect the cost of arthroscopic surgery in Hyderabad?
Most orthopaedic surgeons prefer arthroscopic surgery to traditional open surgery for almost all orthopaedic issues, as it provides quicker recovery, tinier incisions, fewer chances of complications, and minimal scarring.
It is important to know that the following factors affect the cost of the surgery:
- The severity of the orthopaedic issue
- Cause of the issue and its location
- The expertise of the surgeon. An experienced surgeon will ensure minimal chances of complications, and the surgery will be successful.
- Severe damage or degeneration of the joint requires this surgery.
- Pre- and postoperative checkups.
- The age of the patient, their gender and also their pre-existing health conditions determine the treatment outcome and calculate the chances of success. The possible complications during or after the surgery depend on the pre-existing health conditions of the patient.
- Diagnostic and imaging tests also determine the cost. That’s why surgeons recommend getting an X-ray, CT scan, MRI scan, Ultrasound, etc.
- In-patient hospitalization costs of the surgery.
- Hospital room rent and other facilities provided by the hospital.
- The grade of the ward
- Duration of the hospital stay
- Anaesthetist fees
- Operation theatre cost
- Medication and surgical devices are required for the surgery.
- Follow-up cost.
- Postoperative rehabilitation services cost.
It is always advisable to have medical insurance. Since most service providers cover arthroscopic surgery, especially in cases of recovering the movement. Not every insurance provider covers the surgery cost to the same extent.
We at Hyderabad Shoulder Clinic are transparent about our surgical costs. We take a personal interest in each case. We evaluate every case before suggesting any treatment, and we make sure that it is cost-effective. Please visit our website https://hyderabadshoulderclinic.com/ or contact us at +91 9959588389, firstname.lastname@example.org.